On the heels of International Noise Awareness Day comes one more opportunity for New Yorkers to embrace healthy hearing: May is Better Hearing and Speech Month! Throughout May, the Center for Hearing and Communication is pleased to be partnering with the NY Public Library to bring you hearing healthcare and information.
You're invited to attend a free workshop called "3 Steps to Healthy Hearing" presented at public library branches in Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx. Amy Boyle, Director of Public Education at the Center for Hearing and Communication, will share healthy hearing practices and show you simple devices that can help you live and communicate better. Dates and locations are:
- May 5 at 6:00pm - Bronx Library Center at 310 East Kingsbridge Rd.
- May 6 at 5:30pm - St. Agnes Library at 444 Amsterdam Avenue (near W. 81st St.)
- May 12 at 12:30pm - St. George Library Center at 5 Central Avenue in Staten Island
- May 20 at 6:00pm - Riverdale Library at 5540 Mosholu Avenue, Bronx
- May 27 at 3:00pm - Battery Park City Library at 175 North End Avenue (2 blocks north of the World Financial Center)
We're pleased to announce that our Mobile Audiology Unit will visit the Battery Park City Library on May 27th from 10:00am-4:00pm. The public is invited during these hours to get a free hearing screening by a licensed CHC audiologist. This public screening is part of 100 Days of Free Hearing Screenings, a public service for the City of New York in honor of our 100th year as New York's leader in hearing healthcare.
Much thanks to the NY Public Library for their partnership and interest in promoting healthy hearing!
Celebrating 100 Years... Hear for the Future