Spring 2013 Hearing Technology Open House
At the Center for Hearing and Communication, your hearing means everything to us. So we're pleased to invite you to experience a complimentary, no-risk trial of Oticon's revolutionary new hearing instrument, Alta.
Call our New York office at (917) 305-7766 or click appointments@CHChearing.org to schedule your free listening demonstration and receive these benefits:
- Complimentary Listening Demonstration
- 14-Day, Risk-Free Alta Trial
- Complimentary Hearing Check
- $750 Discount (Purchase of a Pair)
- 6-Month, Zero-Interest Financing
Hearing Aid Accessories Video
Click here to view Wireless Connectivity for Better Hearing, a webinar conducted by Dr. Ellen Lafargue earlier this year and now available as a 37 minute video. Learn the basics of Bluetooth and FM connectivity to gain better access to sound through your hearing aids when listening to an MP3 player, talking on the phone, or watching TV. Learn more
Digital Hearing Technology Services
Hearing aid and FM evaluation, dispensing, maintenance and repair - we dispense the latest in programmable and digital technology to our clients as well as provide earmold fittings, hearing aid repairs, loaner aids. Learn about the latest in hearing aid technology.
Dispensary Hours (Updated January 17, 2013)
Appointments May be Scheduled:
For an appointment call 917-305-7766 or appointment@CHChearing.org
Walk-in Service Available:
Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-4:30pm
Walk-in service is available for established clients only. If you are not a client of CHC, please call us in advance at (917) 305-7700 and speak with an operator to make sure that we can accommodate your needs.
Click attachment at bottom of this page to download schedule
To learn more about hearing instruments and other technology available at CHC's Berelson Hearing Technology Center, please call us at (917) 305-7921. This is the general number where you can also inquire about the status of:
- a recently purchased hearing instrument
- an earmold
- a hearing instrument dropped off for repair
- your hearing aid warranty
To make an appointment for services at the Berelson Hearing Technology Center (e.g., hearing aid evaluation, repairs, assitive technology consultation) please phone us at (917) 305-7766.
Assistive devices training - while hearing aids are extremely useful, sometimes the hearing aid alone will not provide sufficient help. To help with more challenging listening situations, CHC provides auxiliary or assistive devices and the specialized orientation or training required to use them effectively. These include alerting devices which react to alarm situations, and assistive listening devices which facilitate communication. For individual counseling on the use of assitive devices, call us at (917) 305-7766 to schedule an appointment. Click here to learn more about our Devices Center.
To take part in our free weekly group demonstration of assistive and alerting technology, visit our office at 50 Broadway in NYC any Thursday at 2:00pm. Walk-ins are welcome at this time, though always best to call ahead to confirm at (917) 305-7766.
Audiological Management Counseling (AMC) - with so many features and settings, today's hearing aids can sometimes be challenging to use and maintain. That's why we offer Audiological Management Counseling (by appointment only). This one-on-one instructional session is designed to help you better understand how to operate and care for your hearing aids(s). With today's dazzling array of technology, you deserve to experience performance, not frustration.
The Listening Studio - an audio and video installation acoustically designed to simulate an array of real-life listening environments. Working in this unique setting, audiologists at the Center for Hearing and Communication can provide people with the opportunity to maximize the benefit they obtain from their hearing aids. Hearing aid settings can be fine-tuned to maximize performance in real-world situations including the classroom, a noisy city street and a subway platform. Learn more.
Custom hearing technology - the following technology, available at the Center for Hearing and Communication, will protect your hearing and help you live and communicate better:
- Custom Fit Ear Plugs are important for anyone who is exposed to noise, including subway riders, construction workers, concert-goers, airplane and train travelers. Noise is one of the leading causes of hearing loss. Custom fit Ear Plugs are available in a range of colors, including clear, and hide in the ear canal.
- Musician Ear Plugs allow music makers and appreciators to enjoy music for a lifetime. Whether you are a rock and roller or a clarinet player in an orchestra, Musician Ear Plugs will reduce the level of sound without distorting the music. With custom fit Musician Ear Plugs, musicians can enjoy music for a lifetime. Musician Ear Plugs are available in a range of colors, including clear, and hide in the ear canal.
- Personal Stereo/MP3 Player Custom Earbud-Style Headphones are for music lovers who would never part with their MP3 Players but are afraid of the harms of noise. With the custom earbud-style headphone, the environmental sound is lessened and the MP3 user can therefore reduce the volume to a less lethal level. In addition, the listener will enjoy better overall sound.
- Custom Cell Phone Earbud-Style Earpiece helps you get the most from your cell phone. Join the many phone-talkers who enjoy a custom fit earpiece that never pops out of your ear and drowns out surrounding environmental sounds, making the conversation clear.
- Custom Bluetooth® Earpiece fits comfortably in your ear and uses Bluetooth® technology. Most other Bluetooth® ear pieces sit outside the ear with a one-size-fits-all sizing, but with a custom fit in the ear piece, you can hear more clearly and comfortably.
Desktop Video Magnifier - this device magnifies documents and objects (such as hearing aids and the tiny print in user's manuals) so that people with limited vision can be taught how to use and maintain a new hearing aid. We're pleased to make our services accessible to people with impaired vision and wish to acknowledge the generous grant from the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped that made the purchase of this technology possible. See the desktop video magnifier in action.
Mobile Hearing Test Unit – is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and contains a sound-isolated audiometric testing room, counseling area, waiting room, and is wheelchair accessible. Staffed by a CHC licensed audiologist, the unit can provide hearing screenings for up to 75 individuals a day. To date, over 250,000 infants, children, and adults have been tested through our Mobile Unit outreach, which brings needed hearing healthcare to workplaces and public spaces throughout the five boroughs and the surrounding metropolitan area. The Mobile Unit is available for corporate or community sponsorship. If you'd like the Mobile Unit to participate in your community's health fair or at a corporate health care event, phone (917) 305-7842 for rates and other information.